PROCTOR MgO Plasterbond for Spacetherm Wall Liner & Multi - 7kg
MgO Plasterbond is a mineral based plaster primer which is designed to control high suction backgrounds on Magnesium
Oxide (MgO) boards whilst still remaining vapour open. The primer’s fine gritted surface provides a key for a new suitable
plaster to bond to.
MgO Plasterbond is independently tested by audited facilities Sheffield Hallam University and PRA coatings, for vapour
diffusion to reassure you that water vapour is not trapped in the fabric of your building. No VOC, no odour, water-based and
certified as vapour permeable.
Our natural mineral and water-glass primer free from any other co-binders such as solvents, gypsum and cement and is nonhazardous. MgO Plasterbond plaster primer is available in 17kg UN certified containers and is been specially formulated for
use with magnesium oxide faced Spacetherm Wall Liner and Spacetherm Multi boards.
• Substrates must be clean and dry and free from any loose material prior to application.
• Test a small area for suitability with your specific materials before use.
• Do not use on contaminated surfaces, extreme environments or in any unusual circumstances.
• Do not store or use inextremes of temperature (<5C or above 30C).
• Protect surrounding surfaces, particularly glass.
• Store in airtight containers and used within 12 months.
• Do not store, or use in temperatures <5C or above 30C.
• Stir well before use.
• Apply with a broad brush using short strokes and ensuring that the grit is evenly spread across the surface
• The surface to be primed must be sound and dry.
• Appropriate vapour open plasters can be applied at any point after 24 hours and MgO Plasterbond has fully cured.
• Ensure that the plaster is appropriate to the task.
• Clean any splashes and spills immediately.
• Allow to dry completely before further application, plaster coverings or decoration.
• Wash splashes, tools and brushes with water.
• Dispose of all surplus material in accordance with your local regulations (EWC 06 02 99).
• Cleaned tins are 100% reusable and recyclable.
• If splashed on the skin wash off immediately with water.
• Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
• Refer to the Safety Data Sheet before use.
• pH value in liquid state: pH 11.1
• Dries off-white
• No VOC’s
• Application rate varies according to use; approximate spread rate 500g/m² on a flat even surface
• Storage life (unopened tins): 36 months if kept well sealed (protect from frost, moisture and temperature extremes)