Flexible foiled barrier for brick cavity consisting of an intumescent strip faced with high tensile foil, ensuring optimum durability and moisture protection. The powerful intumescent seal, in the event of a fire, expands to create a powerful fire and smoke seal, thus providing effective fire protection. Additionally, a flexible mesh structure offers enhance robust strength and flexibility to the barrier section.
- WB Cavity Barrier – thin flexible foil-faced intumescent strip. Fixed in a horizontal position in a brick/ block cavity. Fixed with mortar.
- VWB Cavity Barrier – supplied with airflow system, either one, two, or three rows of holes. Dependant on the width of the barrier.
– All barriers in the range are designed to fix across the gap between the inner and outer course of brick to block or block to block walls
– The WB foiled cavity barrier range is designed to be fitted horizontally between brick or block walls, expanding to form a complete fire and smoke barrier in a fire
– Foiled cavity barriers are designed to allow insulation material to be installed both above and below the barrier
– VWBG barrier is self-draining – ideal for allowing free air flow in and out of cavities where smoke sealing is required
– The WBS flexible sponge barriers can be fitted horizontally or vertically between brick or block walls, resisting fire and smoke. The ventilated version, which must be fitted horizontally, is also fitted with an intumescent strip which expands to fill ventilation holes in a fire
– Sponge cavity barriers provide their own thermal insulation, but also allow for insulation material to be installed above and below the barrier
- Length: 1/2m
- Width: Various
BRICK AND BLOCK CAVITIES
The barrier is held into the horizontal position by sandwiching it between the bricks and mortar at the
build stage. For vertical fix using clout nails.
BRICK / WOODEN CAVITIES
The barrier is tucked into the brick mortar during build stage, It is then held and fixed to the wooden partition by being pushed into position , because the barrier is flexible it has spring tension and will hold its self in position.
CONCRETE TO STEELWORK & STEELWORK TO STEEL FRAME
The cavity barrier can be attached to the concrete/steel by means of a metal fixing strap FB/c1 1250mm long or FB/c2 2500mm long available from ENVIROGRAF with appropriate fixings The cavity barrier can be formed to the desired profile / shape so that when the cladding is fitted there is sufficient pressure to arch the barrier and form a fire break.
General Fixing Notes
Fix the metal straps with suitable steel fixings or hilti gun.
If the cavity barrier needs to be cut foil tape should be applied to the cut area.
Foil tape can be purchased separately quoting product code ST50