Click here for more.
Pickup your order in-store.
Rainscreen fast fix ventilated cavity barrier, an effective solution for ventilated rainscreen cavities. Suitable for both horizontal and vertical application. Supplied in 1220mm lengths with 4 fixing brackets per length. In addition, achieves 2 hours of fire protection for cavities from 75mm to 315mm.
Mechanically fix the cavity barrier to the substrate at maximum 500mm centres with non-combustible fixings. Ensure there are no gaps between the substrate and the barrier when attached to the wall.
Cavity Barriers are pieces of fire-stopping material. They fit within the cavity of a building at each floor horizontally and party wall in a vertical position. The material provides compartmentation. Both the flames and heat cannot be transferred to other compartmental areas. Throughout the life of the building, the Cavity Barrier will remain fixed in place. In the event of a fire, the intumescent material expands and seals off the gaps. Additionally, the horizontal barriers allow for a ventilation gap within the cavity. Subsequently closing when the intumescent expands.
– Effective solution for ventilated rainscreen cavities
– Suitable for both horizontal and vertical application
– Maximum air gap up to 40mm
– Very simple installation process
– Supplied in 1220 mm lengths with 4 fixing brackets
- Length: 1220mm
- Width: 130mm
- Thickness: 60mm
- Cavity Width: 170mm
- The barrier must be mechanically fixed to the substrate at maximum 500mm centres with non-combustible fixings. When fixing the brackets into the barrier, ensure they are fully pushed and centered in the middle.
When attaching to the wall, ensure there are no gaps between the substrate and the barrier.
– Fire test performance according to the BS EN 1363-1:1999, achieving 2 hours fire protection.