Xtratherm FR-MG is a mineral coated glass faced board. Xtratherm XT/FR MG boards should be laid over the vapour control layer in a break bonded pattern. The long edges of the boards should be laid at right angles to the direction of the substrate and all edges must be fully supported by the deck. The XT/FR MG insulation boards are secured by approved mechanical fixings or sufficiently bonded. The requirement for a separate water vapour control layer should be assessed in accordance with National Regulations.
- High Thermal Performance
- Suitable for full bonding with approved adhesive systems
- Compatible with adhesively bonded single ply roofing membranes laid on mechanically fixed boards,
- 16-20 Suretwist fixings are needed per 1200x2400mm board for mechanical fixings.
- Thickness: 80mm
- Width: 600mm
- Length: 1200mm
- Density: 30kg/m3
- Weight/m2: 3.6kg
- Weight: 7.78kg
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.025W/mK
- R-Value: 4.8m2K/W
- Compressive Strength: 150kPa
- Roof decks that are subject to maintenance traffic; walk-ways should be provided on roofs requiring regular pedestrian access. When the roof is complete, protective boarding should be laid if additional site work is to be carried out.
- Below most single ply fully adhered and mechanically fixed roof membrane systems or loose laid ballasted roofing systems
- Xtratherm Flat Roof Board FR-MG is manufactured under ISO9001 assured quality system.
- FR-MG Board is CFC/HCFC free with zero ozone depletion potential and a Global Warming Potential less than 0.01.
- The fire rating when tested to BS 476 Part 3: 1968 External Fire Exposure Roof Test will be dependent upon waterproofing system specified.