Rockwool Fire Barrier Roll is comprised of stone wool and has a galvanised wire mesh which is stitched to one side. Fire Barrier systems have been developed to prevent the spread of flames and inhibit heat and smoke through concealed spaces in buildings and improve sound reduction.
- Patented quick fit system providing fire resistance for up to 1 hour.
- Acoustically effective – contributes to improved sound reduction benefits as the correct use of Fire Barrier within structural cavities and voids will minimise transmitted sound.
- Quick installation – the Fire Barrier Systems can be fixed to concrete decks, timber and steel meaning that the cost of installation is reduced, and the speed of installation is increased.
- Flexible – the ROCKWOOL Fire Barrier has a 25mm galvanised wire mesh for increased strength. Available with an aluminium foil face to reduce the passage of smoke.
- Thickness: 50mm
- Width: 1x1000mm
- Length: 4m
- Pack Coverage: 4m²
- Reaction to Fire: A1 as defined in BS EN 13501:1
- Pitched roof voids
- Head of wall
- Concealed ceiling spaces
- Multiple substrates
- Fire protection of structural steelwork