Rocksilk Flexible Slab is a Rock Mineral Wool slab, designed for use in multiple thermal and acoustic applications as well as the fire protection of a loft conversion floor.
It is non-combustible with the best possible Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification, and is manufactured using Knauf Insulation's unique bio-based binder, ECOSE® Technology.
- Multi-purpose product which can be used to insulate a wide range of applications on site.
- Flexible on all four sides for quick and simple installation.
- Existing ceilings can be retained on a loft upgrade whilst meeting building regulations.
- Odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- The product will have a life equivalent to that of the structure in which it is incorporated.
- Glass and Rock Mineral Wool are easier to install correctly than other insulants such as rigid boards because they adapt to any slight imperfections in the substrate and knit together, eliminating any air gaps. Evidence shows the absence of air gaps is crucial to achieving real performance in the relevant application.
Pack Coverage: 10.08 m²
Quantity per pack: 14
Thermal Conductivity: 0.037 W/mK
Thermal Resistance: 1.05 m²K/W
Water vapour resistivity: 5.00 MNs/g.m
Fire Rating: A1
- Rocksilk® Flexible Slab is typically used for the thermal and acoustic insulation of a wide variety of constructions such as timber and metal stud partitions, timber frame walls and suspended timber floors. Rocksilk® Flexible Slab has been tested to provide 60 minutes fire protection when a loft is upgraded into habitable accommodation.
- Rocksilk® Flexible Slab is manufactured in accordance with BS EN 13162, ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, as certified by TÜV Nord.