Click here for more.
Pickup your order in-store.
The ongoing issue of hard-to-treat walls in the UK can be overcome utilising Spacetherm Aerogel - ultra-thin insulation for thermal upgrades, saving valuable space without altering the exterior fabric of the building. Its remarkable performance is achieved through the use of flexible aerogel blankets. The insulation used in Aerogel is material derived from silica gel.
What is Aerogel?
Although originally developed by Samuel Stephens Kistler in 1931, aerogel is more commonly associated with NASA who have invented groundbreaking methods of creating new types of aerogels that could change the way we think about insulation. Aerogel is a synthetic porous ultralight gel-like material created by removing the liquid component from gel and replacing it with gas, without any degradation to the gel structure. This produces an extremely low thermal conductivity which is perfect for thermal insulation.
Due to a shortage of the standard Spacetherm Aerogel, we are currently substituting this with Proctor Spacetherm A1 Fire-Rated Aerogel. Due to this, you may receive a white coloured blanket rather than grey.
Thermal Conductivity: 0.0195 W/mK
- Extremely low thermal conductivity compared to other insulation types
- Class-leading performance
- Direct fix to solid walls
- Non-hazardous material
- Ideal for hard to treat solid walls
- Minimum loss of room space
- Easy to install
Sheet Coverage: 2.88m²
Thermal Conductivity: 0.015W/mK
Vapour Resistance: Sd 0.05m
Reaction to Fire: C - sl - d0
Specific Heat Capacity: 1kj / kgK
- Internal & External Wall Insulation
- Ceilings, Dormers and Pitched Roofs
- Internal Floor, Terrace & Balcony
- Gutters & Soffits
- Window, door, and fenestration inserts to improve U value
- Services, ducts, water pipework